Three Fast Treatments for Ozempic Face
The amazing new weight loss drugs Ozempic (semaglutide), Wegovy, and Mounjaro have ushered in a new era of weight loss, providing incredible transformations for those struggling with their weight. These medications have helped countless individuals shed excess pounds on their journey to better health and a more attractive appearance.
However, one very frequent and unfortunate side effect of rapid weight loss is sagging facial skin – which is now commonly being referred to as “Ozempic Face.” Loose facial skin, or ‘Ozempic Face’, can make individuals appear older than their actual age and may undermine their sense of accomplishment after significant weight loss. Who wants to be thin if it means looking years older?
The great news is that Goldenberg Dermatology in Manhattan, offers several powerful solutions to tighten the appearance of facial skin and treat this side effect – rejuvenating patients’ appearance.
What is Ozempic Face?
Ozempic, Wegovy, and related ‘semaglutide’ medications are designed to mimic the actions of a hormone called glucagon-like peptide-1 (GLP-1). They work by reducing the appetite and regulating glucose (blood sugar) metabolism. They have proven to be incredibly effective in promoting weight loss – which is why you almost never see a celebrity who is overweight anymore!
However, the rapid reduction in fat that results from Ozempic (semaglutide), Wegovy, and Mounjaro can also lead to the side effect of sagging facial skin – known as Ozempic Face.
When individuals lose a significant amount of weight quickly, they lose it from every part of their body – which includes the face. And without fat in the face to plump the contours, and smooth lines and wrinkle, the skin on the face (and neck) becomes loose. With slow-and-steady weight loss the facial skin is more likely to have enough time to slowly retract and adapt to the new facial contours.
But with the rapid weight loss of Ozempic (semaglutide), Wegovy, and Mounjaro weight loss, the facial skin that has stretched to accommodate the extra fat during weight gain does not immediately retract. The result is loose skin.
This is especially a problem for men and women over age 40, because the production of collagen and elastin, proteins responsible for skin’s elasticity, slow down with age. And, as a result, skin simply doesn’t ‘snap back’ like it once did when they were younger.
Three Ways to Treat Ozempic Face:
Dermal Fillers for Ozempic Face
Dermal fillers, also known as facial fillers, are an extremely effective solution for treating Ozempic Face. Most dermal fillers – including the popular Juvéderm family of facial fillers – work by injecting hyaluronic acid into specific areas of the face to restore volume, smooth wrinkles, and lift sagging skin. Hyaluronic acid is a naturally occurring molecule that occurs in the body which can hold up to 1,000 times its own weight in water!
Other dermal fillers work by stimulating the bodies own production of collagen and elastin in the injected area. As collagen levels increase, the skin becomes plumper and smoother, while the increase elastin gives skin it’s elasticity and “snap back.”
Goldenberg Dermatology in Upper East Side Manhattan offers a variety of facial fillers to address the specific concerns resulting from rapid weight loss:
- JUVÉDERM fillers are renowned for their ability to add volume to the cheeks, lips, and smile lines while reducing the appearance of sagging skin and wrinkles. The wide array of different JUVEDERM formulas are each uniquely formulated to treat specific areas of the face.
- RESTYLANE, like JUVEDERM is also a collection of hyaluronic acid (HA) facial fillers. RESTYLANE’s diverse range of fillers can enhance the lips, restore lost volume, and plump facial contours, making them a versatile option for Ozempic Face.
- BELOTERO is another HA facial filler available at Goldenberg Dermatology in Upper East Side Manhattan. This facial filler is known for providing soft and natural-looking volume restoration and correction for fine lines and wrinkles – making it ideal for treating Ozempic Face.
- RADIESSE facial filler works a little differently to treat sagging skin. It activates a process called neocollagenesis, stimulating the gradual, long-term growth of the patient’s own collagen. The collagen that forms builds a plumper structural scaffolding by stimulating collagen production for a year or longer after only 1 injection. RADIESSE facial filler is highly effective in adding volume to sagging areas of the face.
- SCULPTRA also works within the body – deep within the dermis – to help revitalize collagen production and help restore the skin’s inner structure and volume. As SCULPTRA’s microparticles are absorbed, they stimulate collagen growth over time, gradually restoring volume and tightness to the face.
- BELLAFILL is another unique facial filler that can remedy the loose skin caused by rapid weight loss. A collagen gel in BELLAFILL provides immediate volume and lift to – but once injected, the microspheres stay in place and create a base that provides structural support for plumper contours and smoother-looking skin. BELLAFILL offers long-lasting results, with effects that can last for up to 5 years, making it an excellent choice for those seeking a more permanent solution for Ozempic Face.
Ultherapy Skin Tightening for Ozempic Face
Ultherapy skin tightening is an exceptional, non-invasive procedure that effectively treats and reverses sagging face and neck skin resulting from Ozempic, Wegovy, or Mounjaro rapid weight loss. The treatment employs ultrasound technology to stimulate collagen production, improving skin elasticity and firmness.
Ultherapy targets and tightens the deeper layers of the skin so effectively that it is sometimes called a ‘non-surgical facelift’. And because it is non-invasive there are no incision, no scars, and no downtime – making it a safe and efficient option for those looking to tighten their neck and/or facial skin after weight loss.
Collagen and elastin are the natural substances produced that makes our skin tight and smooth. Ultherapy Skin Tightening technology stimulates collagen production by releasing concentrated ultrasound energy into the deep layers of the skin to target the structural skin tissues where collagen is found. Advanced Ultherapy is able to calculate and deliver the correct amount of ultrasound energy to the area being treated, at the right depth and correct temperature for optimal skin tightening results.
In addition to treating ‘Ozempic Face’ Ultherapy can be used to tighten men and women’s skin on the body after rapid weight loss, including the breast / chest, buttocks / hips, abdomen, knees, back and more!
BeautiFill Fat Transfer for Ozempic Face
For patients looking for the ultimate, long-term solution to Ozempic Face, Goldenberg Dermatology in Manhattan offers state-of-the-art BeautiFill facial fat transfer. Unlike other treatments, BeautiFill actually replaces the fat that was lost from the face with living fat cells transferred from other areas of the patient’s own body!
BeautiFill is a revolutionary fat transfer procedure that combines laser assisted liposuction with fat grafting to provide impressive results for facial rejuvenation – along with dramatic body contouring when excess fat is removed from unwanted areas of the body. The technique involves removing excess fat from unwanted areas such as the belly or butt, purifying it, and then reinjecting the living fat cells into targeted areas of the face that require volume enhancement or rejuvenation.
The BeautiFill system utilizes advanced laser technology to gently and efficiently harvest viable fat cells. This technology minimizes tissue damage and maximizes fat cell viability, resulting in living fat cells for extremely long-lasting results. BeautiFill fat transfer is a minimally invasive and highly effective option for enhancing the face, restoring volume, and addressing sagging skin due to rapid weight loss.
To learn more about BeautiFill Fat Transfer for treating Ozempic Face CLICK HERE.
Ozempic Face Skin Tightening Treatments | Manhattan
Whether you have lost weight with Ozempic (semaglutide), Wegovy, or Mounjaro, or with gastric bypass surgery, or through disciplined diet and exercise, don’t let sagging facial skin discourage you!
At Goldenberg Dermatology in Manhattan, we offer several effective skin tightening and plumping solutions to treat Ozempic Face – ensuring that you enjoy looking thinner without the side effect of looking older! Drs. Goldenberg understand that each patient is unique, and they are committed to helping you choose the right treatment for your specific skin tightening needs on your journey to improved health and a slimmer appearance.
Schedule a consultation and learn more about how our skin tightening treatments can transform your post-weight loss journey, helping you regain a youthful and rejuvenated appearance. We will help you choose the best skin tightening treatment that is right for you – to help you as you continue your journey to look and feel your best.
Ozempic Face Treatments | Manhattan: 212-405-8202
Dermatology & Aesthetic Blog
Thank you for visiting Goldenberg Dermatology’s Blog, where we keep you updated on the latest news, events, information, and advancements in dermatology and aesthetic treatments.
Check back often to read about the latest techniques and state-of-the-art technologies in skin health, cosmetic procedures, anti-aging, body sculpting, hair loss treatment, fat loss, and more.
Learn more about the treatments that can improve your health and quality of life – and if you have a specific concern CLICK HERE to book a consultation with one of our award winning New York board-certified dermatologists.